Pinterest has quickly made an impact in the social media arena. With its traffic skyrocketing to more than 10 million visits, the virtual pinboard is now one of the top 10 social networking websites.
Are you thinking, “Oh no, not another social network!” Trust me, I thought the same thing at first. After taking a closer look and learning more about How to Use Pinterest for Business, I discovered that Pinterest is more than just another social media site. Pinterest is a great marketing tool and is reshaping social commerce for online business. To me, that is very exciting.
Businesses are beginning to get in on the action. Established brands like Whole Foods Market, Macys and American Airlines are using Pinterest boards to gain more exposure and visibility to their brand. Social Fresh list 250+ Brands on Pinterest.
According to Digital Intelligence Today:
- Traffic. Time Inc’s Real Simple magazine site saw more traffic from Pinterest last October than it did from Facebook.
- Purchases. Brands are counting on Pinterest’s ability to influence purchase decisions. During the holidays Land’s End even kicked off a contest focused on the site called “Pin it to Win it.”
- Engagement. Nordstrom, which created a Pinterest page last March, uses the site as a way to learn about the community and engage with customers.
Are you onboard yet?
This infographic by Monetate introduces you to Pinterest and provides ideas on how you can use the social photo sharing website to promote products, build community, and drive website traffic and conversions.
Pinterest has grown tremendously. It is a unique and fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. So, if you haven’t paid much attention to it yet, you might want to start. Here is an article on How to Use Pinterest for Business.
Latest posts by Erica M (see all)
- 6 Ways To Stay Focused While Working From Home [PODCAST] - October 16, 2017
- Purpose. Passion. Profits. Women Empowerment Event – Atlanta, Ga - August 28, 2017
- Women Empowerment & Business Workshop -Atlanta, Georgia - August 22, 2017